Frequently asked questions
- What is chewing gum?
- What is gum base?
- Is it true that chewing gum is good for oral hygiene and has other benefits as well?
- What can you tell me about other ingredients in chewing gum?
- Why is there generally no expiration date for chewing gums?
- Can chewing gum contain animal-derived ingredients?
- Can chewing gum contain allergenic substances?
- Is gum safe to swallow?
- Is there a risk of choking when chewing gum is swallowed?
- At what age can children begin chewing gum?
At what age can children begin chewing gum?
There are no specific guidelines on when a child may appropriately start chewing gum as each child's development is unique and variable.
Ultimately, the parent or custodian is responsible for deciding at what age, and under what conditions, children can consume any food, including chewing gum, and to ensure that children are aware of and understand any potential choking risk.