Frequently asked questions
- What is chewing gum?
- What is gum base?
- Is it true that chewing gum is good for oral hygiene and has other benefits as well?
- What can you tell me about other ingredients in chewing gum?
- Why is there generally no expiration date for chewing gums?
- Can chewing gum contain animal-derived ingredients?
- Can chewing gum contain allergenic substances?
- Is gum safe to swallow?
- Is there a risk of choking when chewing gum is swallowed?
- At what age can children begin chewing gum?
The ICGA is governed and managed by a General Assembly and a Board of Directors, assisted by the Association Secretariat. The General Assembly and a Board of Directors are supported by a Steering Group and a number of committees including the Gum Base Committee, Regulatory Committee, Technical Committee, Communication Committee and Sustainability Committee. Ad hoc task forces and working groups are formed as necessary.
The committees are made up of designated experts from the member companies. The annual working program of the Association is developed at the committee level and, once adopted by the Board and the General Assembly, becomes the framework for ICGA's agenda for the coming year.
Annual meeting & website
All members have access to the members’ section of the website and to the annual meetings at which committee working programs are formally adopted.